Monday, April 13, 2009






The first step was to take off the gear on the mast head, sand and prime. I did that just for practice. I got a few surprises with the peanut butter consistency of the PrimeKote primer. And, I found painting with PrimeKote like painting with warm marshmellows. But it went OK. See below.











This was taken with my phone so the quality isn't as good. You can't see the "painter's holiday" I left on the port strut for the spinacher. All in all, I'm nearly ready to finish sanding on the rest of the 76 foot mast and to beginning the priming process. See the full length of the mast below.






I would swear that Jack (in the Bean Stalk) supplied the mast. It grew rapidly as I began to sand all 67 feet of it. Again, you can't see the sanding work very well from the shot I took from my phone. I need to remember to have my camera nex time.

No comments: